2. What we do
We aim to ensure managers and headteachers are provided with sensible and proportionate information and advice, including the following:
- provide advice and support on all health and safety issues for RBK managers, staff, headteachers and school staff;
- identify the safety priorities for the Council and schools;
- investigate accidents and monitor accident rate within the organisation and schools;
- identify the safety training needs of the Council and schools;
- report accidents under RIDDOR (Reporting of Incidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrence Regulations 1995) to the Health and Safety Executive on behalf of schools and liaise with external safety-related agencies on the schools’ behalf, including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA) including assistance with managing these authorities during inspections or following incidents.